Kempinski’s festive dinner takeaway
Luxury to your doorstep
The hotel’s ÉS Bisztró has a festive dinner takeaway specially for Christmas and New Year’s Eve but actually available for the wider period between 24 December and 3 January.
This comprises a choice of six different menus, one of which is a two-course Vegetarian option of Kale lettuce with honey roast butternut squash, figs, cranberries and crispy fried tofu plus Baked vegetable tart with arugula.
Another option is a three-course Indian cuisine selection comprising Tandoori chicken with green chutney and onion Kachumber, Lamb vindaloo with saffron rice and papadum, and Carrot Halwa tart with mango Rabri and berries.
Of the other four menus, Menu B, for instance, is a two-course affair of Consommé of goose with ravioli and root vegetables, also Fillet of trout and crayfish, with potato, spinach and red paprika jus, while Menu D offers three courses comprising Hungarian fish soup of pike perch, Duck breast with red cabbage cream, Brussels sprouts and fried polenta and pomegranate jus, plus Spekulatius cream with baked apple ragout and caramelised almonds.
Prices vary between HUF 7600 and HUF 11,900 per person.
Bird specials are one way the hotel’s kitchen expertise can deliver top-quality food in the comfort of one’s own home without the work and the hassle. This Thanksgiving offering is still available until December 26 with a choice between Whole roast turkey served with gravy, apple mousse, cranberry chutney, glazed carrots, Brussels sprouts, mashed potatoes and stuffing, or the second choice, Whole roast goose with own jus, red cabbage, Brussels sprouts, potato dumpling and onion potatoes.
Both choices include the Kempinski’s pumpkin cheese pie and a bottle of red or white wine, and each serves 8-10 people, the turkey for HUF 49,000 and the goose for HUF 38,000, both with an HUF 8000 delivery fee. Order a minimum of 72 hours before the requested delivery time.
Finally, the Kempinski Corvinus’ Gourmet Boxes come in a wooden box full of delicacies such as smoked salmon, prawns, caviar and goose liver, or you can build your own selection of goodies.
Gourmet Box 1 features Lightly smoked salmon with beetroot, cucumber and truffle mayonnaise, Hungarian salamis and Austrian spiced bacon with fresh vegetable and horseradish, Goose liver terrine with dry apricot chutney and Brioche, and Hungarian Beef tartar with quail egg and crispy Swedish bread. This is HUF 17,000 and enough for two people.
Gourmet Box 2 provides Lightly smoked salmon with beetroot, cucumber and truffle mayonnaise, Buffalo Mozzarella with heirloom cherry tomatoes and fresh basil, Goose liver terrine with dry apricot chutney and Brioche, and Marinated prawns with avocado, cocktail sauce and red caviar. This is HUF 20,000 for two people.
Both boxes include a bottle of Sauska Rosé wine.
Or choose your own Gourmet Box contents, selecting from:
- Duck leg rillette with pickled cucumber and root bread * 1 portion: HUF 1250
- Beluga lentil salad with thin sliced Pastrami and scallions * 1 portion: HUF 1250
- Deer- pheasant terrine with pistachio and spicy plum chutney * 1 portion: HUF 1250
- Hungarian salamis and Austrian spiced bacon with fresh vegetable and horseradish * 1 portion: HUF 1500
- Buffalo Mozzarella with heirloom cherry tomatoes and fresh basil * 1 portion: HUF 1750
- Hungarian Beef tartar with quail egg and crispy Swedish bread * 1 portion: HUF 1750
- Goose liver terrine with dry apricot chutney and Brioche * 1 portion: HUF 2000
- Lightly smoked salmon with beetroot, cucumber and truffle mayonnaise * 1 portion: HUF 2250
- Marinated prawns with avocado, cocktail sauce and red caviar * 1 portion: HUF 2500
- Hungarian stuffed cabbage with dill * 1 portion: HUF 950
The Kempinski hotel’s ÉS heated winter terrace in Fashion Street is open until January 3 for signature winter drinks including Glühwein (mulled wine) and five special burgers and French fries. The burgers include vegetarian, cheese and goose liver options. Opening hours are Monday to Thursday 3pm-7.30pm and Friday to Sunday noon-7.30pm. Closed on 24 and 25 December and 1 January.